Total, one of the largest oil companies in the world, is looking for suitable South African candidates to submit their application and qualify for the company’s Safety Department Internship Programme for 2021. Make sure to review the minimum qualifications to see if you’re eligible to apply.
A French multinational oil and gas company and one of the “Supermajor” oil companies in the world, Total’s business operations encompass the whole oil and gas chain, including crude oil, natural gas exploration and production, pow generation, refining, transportation and petroleum product marketing among others. In addition, Total is also a large scale manufacturer of a wide range of chemical products.
Total Safety Department Internship 2021
Total South Africa is currently accepting applications from recent Safety Management/Engineering graduates for its 12-month internship that will take place at Total South Africa’s headquarters in Johannesburg. The successful candidate will be joining the HSSE department and will acquire hands-on experience performing various multi-functional administrative tasks.
Who should apply?
Candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to apply:
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in Safety Management/Engineering
- Must be less than 25 years old
- Preferably coming from designated groups and in accordance with Total’s Employment Equity policies
- Zero to less than a year of work experience
- Knows how to employ negotiation skills
- Must have solid research skills and report writing skills using MS Word and PowerPoint
What is the selection process?
There are 4 steps to expect in Total’s application/selection process:
- If the company sees you as a potential candidate, expect to receive a questionnaire to help fill in missing information in your profile and/or an interview request via phone or video call.
- The second step is a face-to-face interview with a recruitment officer to know more about your skillset, motivations and experience.
- On the third step, you get a chance to meet with line managers in charge who will discuss the job in more detail and the team you may be working with.
- The fourth and final step of the selection process is formalizing the internship offer where you will sign the contract with the HR management team in charge of the programme.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to apply will need to register an account on the company’s online recruitment platform Click the link below to get started.
Submitting falsified records, untruthful information, or incomplete documentary requirements will void any applications reviewed by the recruitment team.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For more information, click here and fill out Total’s contact form.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Total Safety Department Internship 2021 advert.