Total, one of the largest oil companies in the world, is looking for suitable South African candidates who are interested in submitting their application to qualify for the company’s Shops, Food and Services Internship Programme for the 2021 financial year. Make sure to review the minimum qualifications to see if you’re eligible to apply.
A French multinational oil and gas company and one of the “Supermajor” oil companies in the world, Total’s business encompasses the whole oil and gas chain, including crude oil, natural gas exploration and production, power generation, refining, transportation and petroleum product marketing among others. In addition, Total is also a large scale manufacturer of a wide range of chemical products.
Total SA Shops, Food and Services Internship
Total South Africa’s Shops, Food and Services Internship is a 12-month internship programme available to young individuals with post-matric qualification. Successful candidates be based in the Retail department and will gain hands-on experience in the Shops, Food and Services, or SFS department as well as various administrative tasks.
Who should apply?
In order to qualify, applicants must satisfy these minimum requirements:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Sales and Marketing or Strategy Management
- Must be less than 25 years old
- Work experience must not exceed one year
- Possesses strong negotiation, research and report writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint and Word
What is the selection process?
There are 4 steps involved in Total’s application/selection process:
- If the company sees you as a potential candidate, expect to receive a questionnaire to help fill in missing information in your profile and/or an interview request via phone or video call.
- The second step is a face to face interview with a recruitment officer to know more about your skillset, motivations and experience.
- On the third step, you get a chance to meet with line managers in charge who will discuss the job in more detail and the team you may be working with.
- The fourth and final step of the selection process is formalizing the internship offer where you will sign the contract with the HR management team in charge of the programme.
Candidates belonging to designated groups will be prioritized in accordance with the company’s Employment Equity policies.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to create an account on Total’s career’s page to apply. In addition, prepare the following support documents for uploading during the application process:Marketing
- Comprehensive CV
- Academic transcript from final year of studies
- Copy of ID
- Relevant certifications, if any
Click here to get create your user account.
Applications will close by 23 September 2020.
Consider your application as unsuccessful if Total does not send feedback within 30 days after the deadline.
For more information, click here and fill out the contact form.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Total SA Shops, Food and Services Internship Programme 2021 advert.