About Tourism KwaZulu-Natal
The Tourism Kwazulu Natal Internship programme is made available by the Tourism KwaZulu-Natal, a government agency responsible for developing and promoting tourism in KwaZulu-Natal Province. More specifically, the aims and objectives of the agency are:
- Increase share of domestic and international tourists
- Increase tourism spend
- Increase geographic spread
- Foster strategic relationships with neighboring provinces and countries
- Lessen the seasonality trend associated with tourism
- Offer best-in-class tourism experience
The agency is overseen by the Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA). Tourism KwaZulu-Natal serves as a vital cog in the province’s economic development. Along with that, it provides direct and indirect employment to many youths.
Tourism Kwazulu Natal Internship 2022
Tourism Kwazulu Natal runs an internship programme for students who want to gain valuable experience in the tourism industry. After gaining the experience, the students have a higher chance of getting employed within the ever-expanding KwaZulu-Natal tourism industry.
For the academic session 2022-23, candidates who have completed a Degree or a National Diploma are invited to apply for the internship programme. They must have completed their education in one of the following fields of study:
- Human Resource (2)
- Corporate Governance/Public Management (2)
- Information Technology (1)
- Graphic Design (1)
- Financial Accounting (1)
- Cost & Management Accounting (1)
- Tourism Development (2)
- Tourism Information Services – Durban/KSIA/Cape Town (4)
- Office Management (1)
- Supply Chain Management (2)
- PR/Communication (2)
- Bachelor of Heritage & Tourism Studies (2)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Post Grads) (2)
The internship programme will last for a period of one year. They’ll have to work at a designated site in a defined role. During this time, interns are entitled to receive a compensation of R 6083 per month. There are no additional benefits like accommodation or meals unless otherwise specified. All interns will have to make those arrangements on their own. After the completion of the internship programme, all interns will receive a certificate of completion issued by Tourism KwaZulu-Natal.
Shortlisted candidates will get more information regarding the internship programme via email. If you do not receive any communication, consider your application unsuccessful.
Who should apply?
To be selected for the internship, you must fulfil the eligibility criteria. These are defined by Tourism KwaZulu-Natal to select the most deserving candidates. Since there are a limited number of bursaries on offer, it cannot award the internship to everyone. Failing to fulfill any of the criteria will lead to the rejection of your application. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for Tourism Kwazulu Natal Internship programme 2022 are:
- A South African citizen
- Living in the KwaZulu-Natal province
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree or a three-year National Diploma in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- Have graduated from a tertiary institution that’s accredited and recognised
- In between the age of 18 and 35 at the time of applying
- Currently unemployed
- Have never taken up an internship programme before
- Have a strong academic track record
- Interested in making a career in the tourism industry
Fulfilling all of the requirements, however, doesn’t guarantee selection. Preference is given to those with a stronger academic track record. The decision made by the committee regarding the appointment of interns will be considered final.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in the Tourism Kwazulu Natal Internship programme, consider applying for it. Go through a short application process and submit the necessary documents.
There are no application forms available for the programme. So you don’t have to complete any paperwork. But you would have to submit the following documents:
- ID documents (certified copies)
- Updated resume (covering your educational details, contact details, and work experience, if any)
- A motivation letter describing why you’re the best candidate for the internship programme
- Copies of all qualifications and academic records (certified copies only)
Scan all the documents and save them in PDF format. Finally, email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer to hand deliver, then you can submit the documents at:
Ithala Trade Center
29 Canal Quay Rd, Point, Durban
It’s necessary to submit all the documents without fail to avoid rejection. You will get notified regarding the selection within a few days of the closing date.
The last date of application is 25 February 2022.
For more details, contact Michelle Thavar at email@example.com.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.