Multiple opportunities are available for eligible and talented candidates to apply for Traffic Officer Learnership 2022. Read here to get information about the traffic office leadership opportunity, eligibility requirements, and how to apply.
About Traffic Officer Learnership Programme
Multiple companies offer Traffic Officer learnerships within this sector, including:
- The Department of Community Safety and Transport Management
- The Provincial Government of Gauteng
- Road Traffic Management Corporation
- Gauteng Department of Community Safety
- The North West Department of Public Safety
- The Western Cape Provincial Government
Most learnership programs are for a minimum of 12 months, and all these companies look for talented and eager South African citizens to pursue their careers as traffic officers. The eligible candidates should be prepared to learn all information and fields relating to roads, vehicles, and traffic. Successful candidates will receive classes, field experience, and get opportunities to learn from experts in the field.
Most of the training during the learnership will be under SAQA registered Traffic Officer qualification standards and training provider. The module is divided into different sections to ensure that the qualification standards are met effectively. The Traffic Officer learnership will include the following modules:
- Personal Orientation
- Legislation and People
- Legislation and Traffic
- Legislation and Traffic Hazards
- Legislation and Vehicle Compliance
- Communications with Public
- Load Compliance
If you are interested in applying for this programme, read below to know the eligibility requirements and how you can apply for it.
Who should apply?
To apply for traffic officer learnership, a candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- The maximum age for the candidates to apply for traffic officer learnership is 35 years
- Only South African candidates can apply for the program, and you will be asked to provide a valid South African ID proof while applying
- The candidate must have a valid Code B driving licence
- The minimum educational qualification required to apply for the program is Grade 12. You should be able to provide relevant certificates.
- Applicant should be proficient in English along with at least one other language
- There should be no criminal record against the candidate
- The candidate should be medically fit to perform strenuous exercise
- Applicant should be competent to possess firearms and should not have been declared incompetent as per the Firearms Control Act
- The candidate should be ready to work on weekends, public holidays, and in shifts
- The candidate should not be declared incompetent in any Legislation that could be of relevance
- Exceptional communication skills are a must for applying for this program
- Applicant should not be involved in an employee dismissal process
Misrepresentation of facts and records will not be taken lightly. Only the candidates who get shortlisted by the officials will be contacted. Those shortlisted will be asked to appear for driving, medical, fitness, and fingerprint check. The basic medical and fitness program requirements is required to show you are able to carry out strenuous activities. Completion of traffic officer training doesn’t ensure a permanent position. However, some companies may provide permanent positions to the candidates if there is an opening.
How do I apply?
Not all companies provide an online application process. If you are interested in applying for learnership, you can collect the application form from the respective office of the institute that invites applications. Candidates need to fill and submit the Z83 form available at every Public Service Department.
Eligible and interested applicants need to complete this form in full and sign it. Your application should include a certified copy of valid ID proof, qualification certificates, detailed transcripts, a driving license, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, proof of address not older than three months, and contactable references.
Applicants should be ready to relocate and travel as and when asked for by the institutes. Late applications for traffic training are not considered, and hence the candidates should ensure that they apply before the application closing date.
Most companies ask candidates to wait for three months from the closing date to receive a communication. However, if you don’t receive any communication within this time, you should consider the application unsuccessful.