Transnet is calling on qualified individuals interested in joining its Young Professional in Training programme intake for 2022. Take a moment to go over the programme’s minimum eligibility requirements and application details before applying.
Headquartered in Carlton Centre, Johannesburg, Transnet SOC Ltd. is one of the largest, if not the largest rail, pipeline, and port company in South Africa. It was established on April 1, 1990 as a limited company with the privatization of government-owned South African Transport Services. This was done after eight decades of state and parliamentary control.
Employing over a 55,000-strong, highly motivated workforce with permanent status, Transnet offers a challenging and dynamic work environment and provides great opportunities to results-oriented and highly-skilled professionals.
Transnet Young Professional in Training (Central Corridor) 2022
During the 24-month graduate development programme, successful candidates will be part of Transnet Freight Rail’s Central Corridor system in various areas of operation with the main objective of gaining working and developmental experience in their respective disciplines, including:
- Logistics, Operations, Transport, Public Management
- Financial Accounting Administration, or a relevant degree
- Business and Systems Analysis, Project Management, Computer Applications, or relevant qualification
- Occupational Health and Safety, or any relevant degree
- Media Studies and Corporate affairs
- Human Resources Management, Industrial Psychology, Labour Relations, Social Sciences, or any relevant qualification
Other Transnet Freight Rail locations the trainees will undergo training may include:
Who should apply?
To qualify for the role, applicants need to satisfy the role’s basic eligibility criteria listed below:
- Holds any of the qualifications listed above
- A graduate of a tertiary education institution registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (e.g. universities/technological university, TVET colleges offering diploma/National Diploma, Bachelor’s qualification, or BTech degree at NQF L6 or higher
- Must have no prior working experience in their field of study
- Between 18 to 35 years old
- Willing to take safety, behavioural, medical, and risk assessments
- Must meet the minimum health requirements
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will have to register their profile on Transnet’s online recruitment page. Click the link below to get started:
Ref. no: 50018370
The deadline for submission of applications is on 29 August 2022.
For more details about the recruitment or application process, send an email to MOEKETSI.KHOZA@TRANSNET.NET.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Transnet Young Professional in Training Programme (Central Corridor) 2022 advert page.