Transnet is calling on qualified individuals interested in joining its Young Professional in Training programme intake for 2022. Take a moment to go over the programme’s minimum eligibility requirements if you’re interested in applying for the role.
Headquartered in Carlton Centre, Johannesburg, Transnet SOC Ltd. is one of the largest, if not the largest rail, pipeline, and port company in South Africa. It was established on April 1, 1990 as a limited company with the privatization of government-owned South African Transport Services. This was done after eight decades of state and parliamentary control.
Employing over a 55,000-strong, highly motivated workforce with permanent status, Transnet offers a challenging and dynamic work environment and provides great opportunities to results-oriented and highly-skilled professionals.
Transnet Young Professional in Training (Change Management) 2022
During the 24-month graduate development programme, successful candidates will be part of Transnet Freight Rail’s People Management team with the main objective of gaining working and developmental experience in their respective disciplines, including:
- Sports Sciences or Management
- Graphics Design, or any relevant qualification
- Industrial Psychology
- Creative Writing or Communication Sciences
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Operations Command Center trainee role is based in Parktown.
Who should apply?
To qualify, applicants need to satisfy the role’s basic eligibility criteria listed below:
- Holds any of the qualifications listed above
- A graduate of a tertiary education institution registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (e.g. universities/technological university, TVET colleges offering diploma/National Diploma, Bachelor’s qualification, or BTech degree at NQF L6 or higher
- Must have no prior working experience in their field of study
- Between 18 to 35 years old
- Willing to take safety, behavioural, medical, and risk assessments
- Must meet the minimum health requirements
- Must possess the following competencies:
- Problem-solving skills
- Good grasp of business principles
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Effective decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
- Knowledgeable with computer operations, research, and research analysis
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will have to register their profile on Transnet’s online recruitment page. Click the link below to get started:
Ref. no: 50018373
The deadline for submission of applications is on 29 August 2022.
For more details about the recruitment or application process, send an email to BENJAMIN.MOJALEFA@TRANSNET.NET.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Transnet Young Professional in Training Programme (Change Management) 2022 advert page.