Applications are now open for the Truworths Garment Technologist Trainee Programme 2024 intake in Western Cape. Be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role if you’re interested in applying.
Based in Cape Town, Truworths is a clothing retailer operating 728 stores in South Africa and 49 other outlets scattered all over Africa. The company started in 1917 as The Alliance Trading Company and now sells various clothing lines under different brand names which include UZZI, LTD and Truworths Man.
Truworths employs more than 11,000 individuals and generates an annual revenue of over R18 billion.
Truworths Garment Technologist Trainee Programme 2024
The successful candidate joining the Truworths Garment Technologist Trainee Programme 2024 intake at the company’s headquarters in Cape Town. During the trainee programme, the incumbent is responsible for performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Implementing and upholding quality standards of the company
- Providing support to suppliers in reaching Truworths’ quality standards
- Assisting the buying team in fit stages covering design up to manufacturing
- Providing merchandise approval for production
- Managing and minimizing customer returns
- Manage product development
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet the following minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the role:
- Completed a tertiary degree Clothing Technology or possesses relevant work experience
- Work experience as a supplier is a definite advantage
- Effective communication skills
- Sharp eye for details
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Assertive and able to influence others
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their profile on Truworths’ online recruitment portal. Click on the link below to get started:
Reference Number: TRU220913-3
The deadline for submission of applications is on 10 January 2024.
Make sure to submit the following support documents during the application process:
- South African ID
- Tertiary qualification/Matric certificate
- Academic transcripts
If you have further questions about this graduate programme, send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org