Applications are now open for the Truworths Garment Technologist Trainee Programme 2024 intake in Western Cape. Make sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role if you’re interested in applying.
Based in Cape Town, Truworths is a clothing retailer operating 728 stores in South Africa and 49 other outlets scattered all over Africa. The company started in 1917 as The Alliance Trading Company and now sells various clothing lines under different brand names which include UZZI, LTD and Truworths Man.
Truworths employs more than 11,000 individuals and generates an annual revenue of over R18 billion.
Truworths Garment Technologist Trainee Programme 2024
As part of the Truworths Garment Technologist Trainee Programme 2024 intake at the company’s head office in Cape Town, the successful candidate will be part of the Merchandising team. Moreover, it is the responsibility if the successful candidate to perform the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Research local and international trends to be interpreted for the SA market
- Assist buyers with developing their ranges, reflecting new commercial colour palettes, key looks, and fabrics
- Take responsibility for specific areas of design and work within a team on ad hoc tasks
- Visit fashion capitals of the world and international trade fairs to gather information on upcoming trends suitable for the local market
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet the following minimum eligibility criteria and role requirements to apply:
- Holds a degree in Fashion Design or any relevant qualification
- Background in fabric and garment construction
- Preferably with knowledge in graphic design
- Hands on with delivering suggestions for branding, graphics, and styling details
- Knowledgeable with CAD work and freehand sketching in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their profile in the company’s online recruitment page to apply. Click the link below to get started:
Reference number: TRU230608-9
Make sure to submit the following support documents during the application process:
- South African ID
- Tertiary qualification/Matric certificate
- Academic transcripts
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 December 2023.
If you have further questions about this graduate programme, send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org