Uber South Africa is inviting suitable graduates to apply for its MBA Internship intake for 2023 at its Johannesburg offices. If interested, be sure to go over the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities before you apply.
Headquartered in San Francisco USA, Uber is a global ride-hailing, mobility, courier, package delivery, and freight service provider that works in partnership with other operators such as Lime and Thames Clippers. As of 31 December 2021, Uber operated in about 72 countries and close to 10,500 cities.
Uber SA MBA Internship 2023
The successful candidate will be part summer internship at Uber and will manage specific projects based on the pressing needs of the company, particularly within the Operations division which is responsible for Uber’s growth in the region.
This 3-month internship will start in June or July 2023.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Be creative, innovative, and strategic in developing solutions to problems
- Work closely with various teams in finding information and defining the best solutions
- Perform data analysis and translate into reports to be used for decision-making
- Develop a proposal to share before completing the internship
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree
- Amenable to work full-time for three (3) months and return to the MBA programme at the end of the internship
- Authorized to work in South Africa
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English
- Extensive understanding and awareness of how the company operates, how it turns profit and sustains profitable growth
- Able to leverage situational awareness for clear delivery of information to various audiences
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Shows a positive outlook and respect to others and team members
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on Uber’s online recruitment portal. Click on the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting. However, Uber will be conducting interviews from December 2022 to February 2023.
Hit the link if you wish to know more about Uber’s application process.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Uber SA MBA Internship 2023 advert page.