UBS South Africa is inviting qualified candidate who would be interested in joining this multinational financial services company’s Corporate Client Solutions Graduate Programme for 2019.
UBS South Africa is part of the UBS Group AG, which is a financial services and multinational investment company headquartered in Switzerland. Considered as the world’s largest Swiss banking institution, UBS operates in major financial centers around the world. Founded in 1862, UBS started with the rise of the Swiss banking industry and is known for its rigid bank-client confidentiality and high-level banking secrecy.
In South Africa, UBS provides financial services encompassing corporate finance, equities sales, trading and research services. The UBS Group AG is licensed as an FSP (Financial Services Provider) as stated in the South African Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
UBS Corporate Client Solutions Graduate Programme
The successful candidate will be working as part of the company’s Investment Bank’s Corporate Client Solutions sector and country teams including various product teams. Some of the main tasks include the following:
- Understand the markets – starting from capital raising to disposal
- Provide support with and contribute to M&A consultation and execution as well as spinoffs, exchange offers, joint venture formation and takeover defense
- Work with the equities platform to get an understanding of the views and trends in the investor community
- Gain operational understanding of debt capital markets as well as emerging market and corporate bonds
- Learn all about bespoke structured bonds that work with clients’ stake management needs and funding
- Become an expert in analyzing complex scenarios and developing effective strategies for clients
The UBS graduate programmes are designed to give the incumbent an in-depth look into the company. The programme will initially start with the UBS Discovery Training Programme that will introduce the incumbent to the company’s capabilities, culture and strategy.
View the UBS Corporate Client Solutions Graduate Programme 2020 advert by clicking the link
Who should apply?
To qualify for the internship, applicants must be able to meet the minimum requisites listed below:
- Pursuing last year of university qualification, or working towards a 2:1, or its equivalent in the first year of undergraduate studies
- Capable of analyzing problems and presenting feasible solutions to clients
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants who wish to pursue any of the open positions will need to register an account via the UBS recruitment page. Click here to register your account or if you already have one, simply log in and apply.
Deadline for submission of applications is on 04 November 2019.
Click here to know more about UBS.