UBS South Africa is inviting qualified candidates who would be interested in joining this multinational financial services company’s Global Banking Graduate Programme for 2022. Make sure to check the minimum eligibility requirements before applying.
About UBS South Africa
UBS South Africa is part of the UBS Group AG, which is a financial services and multinational investment company headquartered in Switzerland. Considered as the world’s largest Swiss banking institution, UBS operates in major financial centers around the world. Founded in 1862, UBS started with the rise of the Swiss banking industry and is known for its rigid bank-client confidentiality and high-level banking secrecy.
In South Africa, UBS provides financial services encompassing corporate finance, equities sales, trading and research services. The UBS Group AG is licensed as an FSP (Financial Services Provider) as stated in the South African Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
UBS Global Banking Graduate Talent Programme
The successful candidate will be working as part of the company’s Investment Bank’s Corporate Client Solutions group and country teams including various product teams. Some of the main tasks of the successful candidate include the following:
- Understand the markets starting from capital raising to disposal
- Provide support with and contribute to M&A consultation and execution as well as spinoffs, exchange offers, joint venture formation and takeover defense
- Work with the equities platform to get an understanding of the views and trends in the investor community
- Gain operational understanding of debt capital markets as well as emerging market and corporate bonds
- Learn all about bespoke structured bonds that work with clients’ stake management needs and funding
- Become an expert in analyzing complex scenarios and developing effective strategies for clients
The UBS Global Banking Graduate Programme aims to give the incumbent an in-depth look into the company. The programme will initially start with the UBS Discovery Training Programme that will introduce the incumbent to the company’s capabilities, culture, and strategy.
Who should apply?
To qualify for the internship, applicants must be able to meet the minimum requisites listed below:
- Pursuing last year of university qualification or a recent graduate within the last two years, or working towards a 2:1, or its equivalent in the applicant’s first undergraduate degree
- Capable of analyzing problems and presenting feasible solutions to clients
- Adept in communications, planning and organization
- Committed to completing tasks
- Able to generate ideas
- A team player
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who intend to submit their application will need to register an account on the Company’s online recruitment portal. Click the link below to start the process.
Deadline for submission of applications is on 30 November 2021.
Click here to know more about UBS.
Click on the link to view a PDF file of the UBS Global Banking Graduate Talent Programme 2022.