UBS South Africa is inviting qualified candidates to submit an application for its Global Banking Talent Graduate Programme. Review the eligibility requirements and job details below to find out if it’s a good fit.
UBS South Africa is part of the UBS Group AG, which is a financial services and multinational investment company headquartered in Switzerland. Considered as the world’s largest Swiss banking institution, UBS operates in major financial centers around the world. Founded in 1862, UBS started with the rise of the Swiss banking industry and is known for its rigid bank-client confidentiality and high-level banking secrecy.
In South Africa, UBS provides financial services encompassing corporate finance, equities sales, trading and research services. The UBS Group AG is licensed as an FSP (Financial Services Provider) as stated in the South African Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
UBS Global Banking Talent Graduate Programme 2021
The UBS Global Banking Talent Graduate Programme seeks to provide successful candidates with a comprehensive introduction of the firm’s day-to-day business. The programme starts off with the UBS Discovery training programme which will provide new hires with a thorough understanding of the company’s strategy, industry, culture and capabilities.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Gain market knowledge starting from capital raising to disposal
- Participate and contribute to offering M&A execution, takeovers spinoffs, exchange offers, takeover defense and development of joint ventures
- Work with equities platform in order to gain insight into the views of the investor community
- Gain an understanding of debt capital markets as well as an emerging market and corporate bonds
- Understand structured products developed for the clients’ stake and fund management requirements
- Capable of analyzing complex scenarios and develop the most suitable strategy in line with maximizing the clients’ objectives.
The successful candidates will be working in UBS’ Investment Bank’s Global Banking business. Working with the Global Banking country and sector groups, the successful candidates will provide advisory, coverage, financing and capital markets solutions for financial institutions, corporate and sponsor clients.
Who should apply?
- Must be in the final year of qualification toward any degree
- Must have excellent skills in analyzing problems
- Capable of making sound decisions
- Able to communicate, organize plan well
- Proactive and able to make things happen
- Good team player
- Knows how to commit to a task
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register an account on the company’s online recruitment portal to be able to apply. Click here to start the process.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 November 2020.
For information about the application process, click here.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the UBS Global Banking Talent Graduate Programme 2021