UBS South Africa is inviting graduating students and recent graduates to submit their applications and qualify for its Global Markets Internship Programme for the 2021 financial year. Be sure to review the minimum qualification requirements before applying.
UBS South Africa is part of the UBS Group AG, which is a financial services and multinational investment company headquartered in Switzerland. Considered as the world’s largest Swiss banking institution, UGS operates in major financial centers around the world. Founded in 1862, UBS started with the rise of the Swiss banking industry and is known for its rigid bank-client confidentiality and high-level banking secrecy.
In South Africa, UBS provides financial services encompassing corporate finance, equities sales, trading and research services. The UBS Group AG is licensed as an FSP (Financial Services Provider) as stated in the South African Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
UBS Global Markets Internship 2021
As a UBS Global Markets Intern, the successful candidate’s c main role is to help clients with buying and selling equities, interest rates, credit and foreign currencies on a trading floor. Depending on the incumbent’s expertise in sales or trading, the duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Guide clients as they buy or sell on the phone or via or UBS’ online portals
- Choose a sales trader role or be part of a client team
- Promote trading opportunities and products to clients as based on their investment styles and requirements (client team)
- Provide clients with useful information on market trends and executing trades at the best rates
- Learn how to utilize UBS’ online platform when buying and selling equities, credit, interest rates, credit and foreign currencies
- Research best prices when executing client orders
- Make markets in OTC equities and listed equity derivatives
Who should apply?
- Must be in the final year of qualification or a graduate of no more than six months from the start date
- Have achieved or on track to get 2.1or its equivalent
- Able to analyze problems and come up with a feasible decision
- Strong organizational, planning and communication skills
- Highly capable of making things happen
- Produces great results working in a team
- Able to formulate ideas
How to Apply
If you meet the basic qualifications and would like to pursue the position, click the link and set up an account on the UBS careers portal.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 December 2020.
Click on the link to view a PDF of the UBS Global Markets Internship Programme 2021 advert.