UBS South Africa is calling on qualified candidates to submit an application for its Offcycle Internship Programme. Review the eligibility requirements and job details below to find out if it’s a good fit before applying.
UBS South Africa is part of the UBS Group AG, which is a financial services and multinational investment company headquartered in Switzerland. Considered as the world’s largest Swiss banking institution, UBS operates in major financial centers around the world. Founded in 1862, UBS started with the rise of the Swiss banking industry and is known for its rigid bank-client confidentiality and high-level banking secrecy.
In South Africa, UBS provides financial services encompassing corporate finance, equities sales, trading and research services. The UBS Group AG is licensed as an FSP (Financial Services Provider) as stated in the South African Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
UBS South Africa Offcycle Internship 2021
The successful candidate will function as an Intern Analyst performing the following tasks and responsibilities
- Acquire sufficient knowledge about the stakeholders and dynamics involved in capital markets
- Get familiar with the market’s beginning with the capital raising phase to disposal
- Take part in and contribute to giving M&A advice and implementation including takeover, spinoffs, takeover defense, exchange offers and joint venture development
- Utilize equities platform in gathering insight regarding investor community trends and views
- Gain full understanding of debt capital markets including emerging market and corporate bonds
- Learn structured products customized to the stake management and funding needs of clients
- Be capable of analyzing complex situations and formulating the best strategy in order to satisfy clients’ diverse objectives
Who should apply?
Only applicants who meet the following minimum qualification requirements are eligible to submit an application:
- Pursuing the final two years of qualification or a recent graduate (not over six months from start date
- Must have excellent skills in analyzing problems
- Capable of making sound decisions
- Able to communicate, organize plan well
- Proactive and able to make things happen
- Good team player
- Knows how to commit to a task
- Able to formulate ideas
How do I apply?
If eligible, you’ll need to register an account on the company’s online recruitment portal to be able to apply. Click here to start the process.
The deadline for submission of applications is 31 December 2020.
For information about the application process, click here.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the UBS South Africa Offcycle Internship Programme