The University of the Free State is calling on qualified individuals who are interested in submitting an application to become part of its Academic Student Tutorial and Excellence Internship programme. Review the details of the programme below before applying
The University of the Free State was established in 1904 as an institution for higher learning (tertiary level) of Grey College. In 1950, it became an independent university with its name changed to the University of Orange Free State. The University then changed to its current name in 1993 to embody the institution’s character and environment.
UFS Academic Student Tutorial and Excellence Internship 2020
The successful candidate will be joining the University’s Center for Teaching and Learning and will be performing a number of duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Provide support with various research initiatives
- Provide assistance with session plans submissions and portfolio assessments
- Take part in ad hoc problem resolution in line with effective venue administration
- Help out with logistics involved during tutor sessions
- Build a tutor database
- Collect attendance data in Oracle for research and reporting purposes
- Provide thorough feedback to tutors in line with providing assistance to TLCs or Teaching and Learning coordinators.
- Work with tutors and create an evaluation schedules every semester
- Distribute, capture, scan and compile assessment forms for reporting purposes
- Help tutors with specific modules in planning and executing session plans
The successful candidate will receive a monthly stipend amounting to R7 353.50.
Who should apply?
This internship opportunity is only open to applicants who are able to satisfy the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Holds a B Tech or Bachelor’s qualification on Level 7 NQF
- Excellent time management skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to details
- Capable of prioritizing tasks even under pressure
- Able to comply with set rules and work regulations
- Computer literate and know how to use MS Office tools e.g. Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Possesses basic quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to operate easily in a deeply diverse work environment
- Preferably with experience in academic facilitation and tutoring in a tertiary education environment
What is the selection process?
In addition to the initial requirements, the selection process also considers the following criteria:
- Not currently participating in an ongoing internship or learnership programme
- Must agree to sign an internship/learnership contract with the UFS
- Must be available for a one (1) year period
- A postgraduate degree is a plus
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to submit an application, click here to start the application process.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 3 July 2020.
For enquiries, get in touch with the UFS at:
Phone: 051 401 7705 /7267 /9003
Feel free to click on the link to view a PDF copy of the UFS Academic Student Tutorial and Excellence Internship advert.