The University of the Free State is currently accepting applications for its Housing and Residence Affairs Internship Programme. Interested applicants are highly encouraged to check out this advert to find out if they qualify for the internship.
The University of the Free State was established in 1904 as an institution for higher learning (tertiary level) of Grey College. In 1950, it became an independent university with its name changed to the University of Orange Free State. The University then changed to its current name in 1993 to embody the institution’s character and environment.
UFS Housing and Residence Affairs Internship Programme
The successful candidate will become part of the UFS’ Housing and Residence Affairs team, and as such, will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Act as support and provide excellent customer service to students, parents, HRA visitors and staff members
- Perform general admin tasks for the Assistant Director
- Direct people to the right office/department
- Handle verbal and phoned-in enquiries
- Conduct general research on management information enquiriy
- Work with Residences Heads regarding relevant issues
- Assist processing prospective senior students, staff, international students with post-graduate accommodations
- Participate in preparations for Roadshows, Open Days and other presentations
- Help out with other tasks in the Placement Administration when required
- Perform general administration tasks such as filing and photocopying
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must possess at least these basic requirements to be considered eligible to apply for the internship:
- Must be a graduate of a relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate proficiency with computers particularly with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel or PowerPoint or Internet Explorer
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Able to turn in high-quality work
- Has a good eye for details
- Capable of working as part of a team and produce results even under pressure
What is the selection process?
The company relies extensively on the following criteria when selecting the right candidates for their internship programmes:
- Currently not fulfilling an existing internship/learnership contract
- Amenable with signing an internship contract with the UFS
- Must have a 12-month availability for the internship
How do I apply?
Before applying for this internship position, be sure to prepare the supporting documents listed below for uploading during the application process.
Important: Convert and compile all documents into a single pdf or Word document when uploading it during the online application process.
- A comprehensive CV (three contacts will be contacted for reference checking)
- Cover letter
- Recent certified copy of academic transcript (no more than 3 months)
- Recent certified copy of qualifications/certificates (include SAQA registration for foreign qualifications)
- A recent copy of identity document (certified and no more than 3 months)
- Proof of accreditation with a professional body (if applicable)
- Copy of driver’s license (if available)
Once ready with your documents, candidates will need to register an account on UFS’ online recruitment page. Click on the link to start the application process.
To locate the right advert easily, use the job code 3269.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 10 February 2020. The successful applicant is set to start on 1 March 2020.
For further enquiries about the internship, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or get in touch with the USF Bloemfontein campus at +27 51 401 9111.
Click on the link to view the UFS Housing and Residence Affairs Internship Programme 2020 advert.