The University of the Free State is calling on qualified individuals who are interested in submitting an application to become part of its Internship Programme for 2021. Make sure to review the details of the programme below before applying
The University of the Free State was established in 1904 as an institution for higher learning (tertiary level) of Grey College. In 1950, it became an independent university with its name changed to the University of Orange Free State. The University then changed to its current name in 1993 to embody the institution’s character and environment.
UFS Internship 2021
The successful candidate will take on an internship role at the Office of the Dean of the Faculty of Theology and Religion. As an intern, the duties and responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility for procuring goods and services
- Manage arrangements for traveling and accommodation
- Manage transactions on PeopleSoft
- Keep file or record of documents
- Help out with meeting administration
- Manage outgoing and incoming mail
- Provide assistance to the Departmental Manager or Faculty Manager with various admin tasks
- Support the Faculty Academic Advising office when needed
Who should apply?
- Holds a BTech (NQF Level 7) or Bachelor’s degree with Accounting as a subject
- Capable of setting high standards, work for success, and set tough goals
- Responsible, reliable, dependable, and fulfills obligations
- Able to be understanding and sensitive to others
- Knowledgeable in PeopleSoft
- Not part of any ongoing internship or any similar programme
- No other commitments for the duration of the internship
- A postgraduate degree serves as a recommendation
What is the selection process?
The University is committed to upholding the principles specified by the Employment Equity Act in selecting the right candidate for the role. Candidates from previously designated groups will be given preference in accordance to the Act and the applicant’s credentials.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to create an applicant profile on the University’s careers page. Also, be sure to prepare the following support documents for uploading:
- A detailed CV highlighting three (3) references
- Cover letter
- Certified copies (not more than 6 months) of the following:
- Academic results
- Identity documents
- Proof of registration with a professional body
- Copy of valid driver’s license
Click here to register your profile.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 6 November 2020
Click the link to view the UFS Internship 2021 programme advert.
For enquiries, get in touch with the UFS at:
Phone: 051 401 7705 /7267 /9003