The University of the Free State is now accepting applications for its Support Internship Programme. Interested applicants are highly encouraged to check out this advert to find out if they qualify for the internship.
The University of the Free State was established in 1904 as an institution for higher learning (tertiary level) of Grey College. In 1950, it became an independent university with its name changed to the University of Orange Free State. The University then changed to its current name in 1993 to embody the institution’s character and environment.
UFS Support Internship Programme
The successful candidate will be filling a 12-month contractual position in the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Law and will gain practical workplace experience by performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Help out with student registrations
- Manage daily student enquiries
- Provide approved advice (by the Senior Faculty Officer or Faculty Manager) to students
- Provide assistance to students with matters regarding class timetables and class venue directions
- Help students with module recognition, completing forms, producing copies, obtaining signatures and submitting to Student Academic Services
- Ensure student records are filed daily
- Manage book lists for the faculty
- Direct students to and make necessary enquiry documents for the Faculty Manager as needed
- Make sure mail and other documents are delivered to law departments and appropriate services departments
- Perform reception desk tasks including answering phone queries as needed
The successful candidate will receive a monthly stipend amounting to R 7 353.30.
Who should apply?
Applicants who meet the following are eligible to apply for the position:
- Holds an LLB degree
- Pursuing an LLM degree or any other relevant postgraduate qualification
- Results-driven and reliable and responsible for fulfilling obligations
- High level of self-control and composure
- Able to think strategically focusing on details and aiming for perfection
- Systematic and organized in approaching tasks
- Capable of work planning and following workflows
- Abides by company rules work regulations
- Computer literate and skilled in Microsoft Office tools
- Capable of effective leadership and ability to inspire others to work harmoniously
- Confident and comfortable interacting with and building people in different kinds of social situations
What is the selection process?
The company relies extensively on the following criteria when selecting the right candidates for their internship programmes:
- Currently not fulfilling an existing internship/learnership contract
- Amenable with signing an internship contract with the UFS
- Must have a 12-month availability for the internship
How do I apply?
Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements are eligible to submit an application. Also, be sure to prepare the following documents for uploading during the application process:
- A comprehensive and detailed CV with three referees to be contacted
- Proof of registration/membership with a professional body (if applicable)
- Copy of applicant’s driver’s license, if applicable
- Certified copies, no older than 3 months, of the following:
- All academic records
- Qualifications – include SAQA accreditation for foreign qualifications
- Valid identity documents
Click here to set up an applicant account and start the application process.
Find the advert easily by using the job code 3347.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 10 April 2020. The successful applicant will start on 01 May 2020.
For further enquiries about the internship, send an email to Recruit@ufs.ac.za or call 051 401 9814/ 9811/ 9848/ 7267.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the UFS Support Internship Programme 2020 advert.