The University of the Free State in Bloemfontein is currently accepting applications for its Technology in Teaching and Learning Internship Programme. Interested applicants are highly encouraged to check out this advert to find out if they qualify for the internship.
The University of the Free State was established in 1904 as an institution for higher learning (tertiary level) of Grey College. In 1950, it became an independent university with its name changed to the University of Orange Free State. The University then changed to its current name in 1993 to embody the institution’s character and environment.
UFS Technology in Teaching and Learning Internship (Assessments)
The internship programme aims to provide National Diploma and Bachelor’s degree graduates who lack relevant work experience to the chance to acquire practical workplace experience and exposure.
The successful candidate will be interning at the UFS’ Centre for Teaching and Learning and will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support e-Assessment activity development including assessment question banks and e-Assessments in Blackboard and QuestionMark
- Assist training material development for objective assessments
- Facilitate the preparation, execution and assessment of the academic staff and students
- Provide help in gathering and analyzing data as well as report writing
Who should apply?
Candidates who meet the prescribed basic requirements are welcome to apply:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree/NQF Level 7 qualification
- Must have previous experience as a Tutor, Student Assistant or EduTech Buddy with a background in Assessment System or Learning Management system
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a culturally diverse office environment
- Intermediate level of computer literacy – knowledge not limited to Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, PowerPoint or Excel
- Must be able to commit to a 12-month internship programme
- Able to work freely with others even under pressure
- A postgraduate diploma is already a recommendation for the internship position
- Excellent organizational skills and capable of managing processes and events
What is the selection process?
The company looks to the following criteria when selecting the right candidates for the internship programme:
- Currently not fulfilling an existing internship/learnership contract
- Amenable with signing an internship contract with the UFS
- Must have a 12-month availability for the internship
How do I apply?
Before applying for this internship position, be sure to prepare the supporting documents listed below for uploading during the application process. Important: convert and compile all documents into a single pdf or Word document when uploading it during the online application process.
- A comprehensive CV (three contacts will be contacted for reference checking)
- Cover letter
- Recent certified copy of academic transcript (no more than 3 months)
- Recent certified copy of qualifications/certificates (include SAQA registration for foreign qualifications)
- A recent copy of identity document (certified and no more than 3 months)
- Proof of accreditation with a professional body (if applicable)
- Copy of driver’s license (if available)
Once ready with your documents, candidates will need to register an account on UFS’ online recruitment page. Click on the link to start the application process.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 5 February 2020. Keep in mind that the link may no longer be available if the position is no longer open or for whatever reason the company deems it appropriate.
If no feedback is received six weeks after the submission deadline, consider the application as unsuccessful.
For further questions about this internship, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the USF Bloemfontein campus at +27 51 401 9111
Click the link to view the UFS Technology in Teaching and Learning Internship 2020 advert.