The University of the Free State is currently accepting applications for its Tuition Fees Internship Programme. Interested applicants are highly encouraged to check out this advert to find out if they qualify for the internship.
The University of the Free State was established in 1904 as an institution for higher learning (tertiary level) of Grey College. In 1950, it became an independent university with its name changed to the University of Orange Free State. The University then changed to its current name in 1993 to embody the institution’s character and environment.
UFS Tuition Fees Internship Programme
The successful candidate will be joining the University’s Finance Department in its Qwaqwa campus and will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage transactions on PeopleSoft
- Data capturing
- Provide assistance with facilitating NSFAS/ disbursements, bursary allocations, etc
- Document changes and rectifications to accounts and entries
- Respond to and manage general account-specific enqueries
- Record and compile issues dealt with
The successful candidate will receive a monthly stipend amounting to R 7 353.30.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to meet these initial requirements in order to qualify for the internship:
- Holds an NQF Level 7 Bachelor’s degree with Accounting subjects
- Proficient with the use of computers including Microsoft Office applications e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Able to comply with company rules and work regulations
- Able to multitask and focus on details, being organized and delivering high quality results
- Good with work planning and following work flows
- Carefully analyzes information using logic in work issue/problem resolution
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and energetic
- Good natured and able to work with and inspire cooperation in others
What is the selection process?
The company relies extensively on the following criteria when selecting the right candidates for their internship programmes:
- Currently not fulfilling an existing internship/learnership contract
- Amenable with signing an internship contract with the UFS
- Must have a 12-month availability for the internship
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to prepare the following documents in a single PDF file for uploading:
- A comprehensive and detailed CV with three referees to be contacted
- Proof of registration/membership with a professional body (if applicable)
- Copy of applicant’s driver’s license, if applicable
- Certified copies, no older than 3 months, of the following:
- All academic records
- Qualifications – include SAQA accreditation for foreign qualifications
- Valid identity documents
Click here to set up an applicant account and start the application process.
Use the job code 3350 to locate the advert for this internship opening.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 10 April 2020.
For further enquiries about the internship, send an email to Recruit@ufs.ac.za or call 051 401 9814/ 9811/ 9848/ 7267.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the UFS Tuition Fees Internship Programme 2020 advert.