The University of the Free State in Bloemfontein is currently accepting applications for its University Internship Programme. Get more details about this internship opportunity below.
Established in 1904 as an institution for higher learning (tertiary level) of Grey College. In 1950, it became an independent university with its name changed to the University of Orange Free State. The University then changed to its current name in 1993 to embody the institution’s character and environment.
University Internship Programme at UFS
The University of Free State is offering this internship opportunity to allow degree and diploma holders with no relevant work experience. The internship position allows the selected candidate to gain workplace experience by performing the prescribed duties and responsibilities inherent to the position.
The main role of the selected intern is to provide assistance to the UFS101 Teaching Assistant (TA) Programme in the following areas:
- Logistics involved in the Teaching Assistant Programme
- Logistic matters at the class venues
- Schedule meeting and interview venues
- Set up CV summaries
- Organize TA attendance schedule
- Manage arrival of teaching TA during weekly TA meetings, marking meetings and weekly learning experiences
- Provide assistance with TA monitoring during classes
- Collect and compile TA’s time sheets
- Provide assistance with developing analysis and reports
- Provide assistance in creating TA reports
- Upload and download content and edits using the Blackboard tool
The UFS101 Internship Programme does not guarantee permanent employment at the end of the 1-year internship.
Requirements or Eligibility
The following are the internship programme’s minimum qualification:
- Must be a graduate of a Honour’s degree with specialization in Human Resource Management or Industrial Psychology
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to adapt easily to the University’s diverse work environment
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Outstanding academic skills
- Great organizational skills
- Able to build and manage schedules
- Can monitor TA adherence to operational tasks
- Able to facilitate and provide help with logistical matters in setting up trainings and meetings
- Knows how to collect and analyze feedback for reaseach
- Must not currently be attending an internship or learnership
- The candidate must agree to signing a one-year internship agreement with the company
View the job advert by clicking the link below:
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the programme’s minimum requirement can apply via the company’s recruitment portal where they will need to register an account. Also, be sure to prepare your supporting documents. Take note of the job ID 2829 to quickly locate the opening.
- Updated CV with character references
- Certified copies of academic records no older than 3 months
- Certified copies of qualifications no older than 3 months
- Certified copy of ID
Important! Convert all documents into pdf or Word format before uploading to the system.
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 3 June 2019.
For further enquiries about the internship programme, please call 051 401 3687/9161.