The United Nations Development Programme, or UNDP, is calling on qualified individuals to submit an application and qualify for its Governance Internship Programme for its 2022 intake.
The United Nations Development Programme is the UN’s global development network advocating change and giving countries access to resources, experience and knowledge to aid people in improving their quality of life. It also works by providing expert advice, grants and training in support of developing countries, particularly the least developed states.
Present in 177 countries, the UNDP works alongside local governments in meeting development challenges and developing local capacity. On an international level, the UNDP aids countries reach their SDG goals.
UNDP Governance Internship 2022
The UNDP Governance Programme aims to enhance service delivery, promote democratic governance, gender equality and women empowerment by executing programmes that seek to:
- Promote the consolidation of reforms in the public sector by institutional strengthening at the national, provincial and local levels
- Support accountability and oversight mechanisms by strengthening the capacity of oversight and legislative institution and fostering good governance practices
- Deepen social unity in South Africa by utilizing a programmatic framework connecting the government, general society and social partners
- Support the Country office, private sector and government with programmes and policies affecting mainstream HIV (where applicable) and gender laws
It will be the duties and responsibilities of the incumbent to ensure the following tasks are carried out:
- Provide assistance to the Elections Commission’s project in establishing a more innovative and inclusive democracy and safeguarding the people’s constitutional rights to free and fair elections. Projects include civic youth education, expanding local election observation sector
- Enhance peace, security and social cohesion, working with concerned groups in government and civil society
- Develop state capability in order to improve service delivery, planning and professionalism within public service
- Contribute to crafting new ideas and projects in support of the SA Country Project Document ideals in the field of governance, democracy, gender issues and the rule of law
- Participate in joint activities of the UN Country Team
Who should apply?
To qualify for consideration, candidates will need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Currently pursuing the final year studies or a recent graduate of a Bachelor’s degree, ideally in the areas of Development, Law, Political Science, Public Administration or other relevant disciplines in Economics, Social Sciences and Management
- Must have solid knowledge and understanding of South African and regional public policy issues
- Able to set new and productive ideas in motion
- Must know how to listen, influence, transform and influence in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to get things done
- Effective in handling and sharing knowledge and information
- Good analytical and writing acumen and ability to present complex and detailed information into easy-to-use formats for a widely diverse audience
- Must be proficient with computers and standard software tools
- Proven interest in the UN and the UNDP’s work
- Proven ability to effectively interact with people from all walks of life as well as being tolerant and understanding varying views and opinion
- Good English skills plus knowledge of a least one local dialect
How to apply?
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements and wish to pursue this internship opportunity will need to apply on UNDP’s recruitment page. Click the link below to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 06 April 2022 at midnight, Eastern Standard Time in the USA.
For any further questions about the programme, send an email to email@example.com.
Click the link to view the UNDP Governance Internship Programme 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internship listings that are currently accepting applications.