The United Nations Development Programme, or UNDP, is calling on suitable graduates to submit their application and qualify for its Programme Officer Internship 2022 intake at its Pretoria head office. Before you submit an application, be sure to review the minimum eligibility requirements and responsibilities of the role.
The United Nations Development Programme is the UN’s global development network advocating change and giving countries access to resources, experience, and knowledge to aid people in improving their quality of life. It also works by providing expert advice, grants and training in support of developing countries, particularly the least developed states.
Present in 177 countries, the UNDP works alongside local governments in meeting development challenges and developing local capacity. On an international level, the UNDP aids countries reach their SDG, or Sustainable Development Goals.
UNDP SA Programme Officer Internship 2022
The successful candidate will be part of the HIV, Health, and Development (HHD) programme for the duration of the 6-month internship. The Programme Officer Intern of the HDD project will be working in partnership with the policy specialists in fulfilling the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to the policy specialists with the daily administration of regional IGI activities e.g. supporting partners, setting up meetings and events, meetings, and reports preparation
- Support monitoring and research of LGBTI rights and inclusion matters within IGI’s priority as well as other countries of concern in Africa
- Attend to data collection and reporting, tool updates, and relevant information used for evaluating the effectivity of the programme
- Help out in determining key stakeholders e.g. senior civil servants, parliamentarians, and development NGOs for potential engagements
- Write up articles regarding events and activities by IGI that promote UNDP’s webpages and social media platforms
- Manage knowledge building, distribution and utilization of products created and published by HHD, its partners, as well as other relevant African institutions
- Render assistance with other WBA-related activities
Who should apply?
Candidates who are able to satisfy the role’s minimum eligibility requirements below are eligible to apply:
- A recent graduate (no more th an one year), or currently pursuing final academic year university undergraduate studies
- Currently enrolled in a postgraduate degree
- Fields of study: Law, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, Developmental Studies, or any equivalent qualification
- Strong awareness of LGBTI issues impacting developing countries and sensitive to interacting with front-line activists
- Substantial experience with various social media platforms and growing audience engagement
- Knowledgeable with strategic communication and its potential in achieving development goals
- Able to interact with various partners and develop productive working relations
- Effective multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Possesses good analytical skills and a good eye for details
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to accomplish an online application form on UNDP’s recruitment page to apply. Click the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 20 September 2022 (midnight US Eastern Standard Time).
If you’re experiencing issues during the online application process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the UNDP SA Programme Officer Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internship listings that are currently accepting applications.