The United Nations Development Programme in South Africa, or UNDP, is calling on suitably qualified individuals to submit their application and qualify for its SDG Internship intake for 2022. If you intend on applying for the position, be sure to go over its minimum eligibility criteria and skills requirements before doing so.
The United Nations Development Programme is the UN’s global development network advocating change and giving countries access to resources, experience, and knowledge to aid people in improving their quality of life. It also works by providing expert advice, grants and training in support of developing countries, particularly the least developed states.
Present in 177 countries, the UNDP works alongside local governments in meeting development challenges and developing local capacity. On an international level, the UNDP aids countries reach their SDG, or Sustainable Development Goals.
UNDP SA SDG Financing and South-South Cooperation Internship 2022
The successful candidate will be part of the SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) Finance and South-South Cooperation team which mainly delivers services to member states in placing SDGs at the center of financial systems.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide assistance with research concerning private and public financing matters of African states
- Conduct and deliver qualitative and quantitative analysis (as well as graphs and visuals) on financing issues affecting African countries
- Attend to digital finance tasks
- Provide assistance with developing regional financing processes that advance sustainable investment in Africa
- Support and uphold the SDG financing plan through research, presentations, and taking part in relevant conferences, forums, and trainings
- Attend to events and consultation meetings regarding SDG financing and log minutes
- Carry out other relevant tasks as needed
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must at least be able to meet the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and competency/skills requirements:
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree (or its equivalent) or have graduated not more than a year ago in any of the disciplines below:
- International Development
- Applied Social Science
- Previous work experience not a requirement, but must be a proactive and keen learner
- Preferably knowledgeable in SDGs such as Addis Ababa Action Agenda, Financing for Development, and other similar recommendations
- Must have genuine interest and background in private and public finance and related public policy e.g. guarantee, public debt, fintech, blended finance, and South-South Cooperation, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office productivity apps
- Fluent in spoken and written English
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to fill out an online application form on the UNDP’s job application pages. Click the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 15 September 2022.
If you’re experiencing issues during the online application process, send an email to email@example.com.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the UNDP SA SDG Financing and South-South Cooperation Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internship listings that are currently accepting applications.