The United Nations Development Programme, or UNDP, is calling on suitable individuals to submit an application and qualify for its Finance Sector Internship intake for 2021. But before you submit an application, be sure to review the minimum eligibility requirements of the role.
The United Nations Development Programme is the UN’s global development network advocating change and giving countries access to resources, experience, and knowledge to aid people in improving their quality of life. It also works by providing expert advice, grants and training in support of developing countries, particularly the least developed states.
Present in 177 countries, the UNDP works alongside local governments in meeting development challenges and developing local capacity. On an international level, the UNDP aids countries reach their SDG, or Sustainable Development Goals.
UNDP South Africa Finance Sector Hub Internship 2021
The UNDP SA’s Finance Sector Hub works to provide a comprehensive and integrated customized service to states on SDG financing. The service covers the private and public sectors, among others.
The main responsibility of the incumbent is to provide technical and administrative assistance, specifically to the FSH’s private sector engagement and development group.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create, review, and revise concept notes, presentations, and knowledge products
- Assist the private sector team with designing original business models and e-commerce solutions in line with SDG policies
- Prepare and take part in meetings
- Perform other support tasks during programme implementation as needed
- Organize marketing and communications materials
- Provide assistance with the distribution of marketing and Knowledge Products materials
- Update and overhaul the website
- Conduct research relevant to private sector engagement and development topics, as well as opportunities at the regional and national level projects
- Perform research relevant to innovative business models in e-commerce, as well as donor initiatives
- Manage online database of relevant documents
Who should apply?
- Must be a graduate school student currently pursuing Development Finance, Economics, or any related fields, or
- Currently pursuing the final year of university studies (at least bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, or
- A university degree graduate who can commit to the internship within a year after graduating
- Preferably with a good grasp of Private Sector Engagement and Development concepts and practices
- Work experience in data-driven business development management in e-commerce solutions
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates are to fill out an online application on the UNDP website. Click the link below to access the page:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 9 April 2021, midnight, EST.
If you’re experiencing issues during the online application process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How long will it take to complete?
The internship will run for a period of 6 months
- Where will it take place?
The successful candidate will be based in Pretoria, Gauteng.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the UNDP South Africa Finance Sector Hub Internship 2021 advert.