The United Nations Development Programme, or UNDP, is calling on interested individuals to apply to its Operations Management Internship Programme for the year 2020.
The United Nations Development Programme is the UN’s global development network by advocating change and giving countries access to resources, experience and knowledge to aid people in improving their quality of life. It also works by providing expert advice, grants and training in support of developing countries, particularly the least developed states.
Present in 177 countries, the UNDP works alongside local governments in meeting development challenges and developing local capacity. On an international level, the UNDP aids countries reach their SDG goals.
UNDPA SA Operations Management Programme
The main objective of the UNDP South Africa Operational Management Programme is to give active students and new graduates from different academic backgrounds an opportunity to gain experience dealing with development issues and daily working environment in the UNDP.
The incumbent will be working closely with the Programme Operations and projects staff as well as with other UN agency staff to share information and make sure service delivery is consistent. On a wider scope, the duties and responsibilities of the Operations Intern will include the following:
- Ensure compliance of admin activities with existing UN/UNDP regulations, rules, strategies and policies
- Provide input to CO admin business process planning and implementation of internal SOPs
- Share input in preparing admin team results from results oriented work designs
- Contact staff and visitors, arrange meetings and appointments and act as an interpreter whenever possible
- Compile and prepare briefing and presentation materials, background information, speeches and pertinent documentation for missions and meetings
- Translate simple correspondences whenever applicable
- Arrange travel and hotel booking, prepare travel authorizations and process visa requests including other essential documents
- Provide admin support during workshops, conferences and retreats
- Arrange vehicle transportation, routine vehicle maintenance and insurance
- Help out in filing system maintenance to ensure confidential documents are safely kept
- Extract data from numerous sources
- Perform statistical data research and retrieval from internal and external sources Prepare statistical tables, charts and reports
- Follow through on deadlines, commitments, actions taken and coordinate reports collection and submission
- Provide assistance with audit preparation procedures
Who should apply?
- Currently pursuing final year of qualification for a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or any relevant area of study or
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree or
- A recent Master’s degree graduate (no more than one year) or equivalent study
- Knowledgeable in Management and Learning
- Eager to pursue continuous learning and development in at least two practice areas
- Capable of performing a range of specific and non-specific tasks and work processes
- Able to review various data, determine and tweak discrepancies, isolate and resolve operational issues
- Solid knowledge of admin regulations
- Good IT skills and knowledgeable in Atlas
- Able to offer input to business process re-engineering and implement new systems
Click the link to view the UNDP South African Operational Internship Programme advert.
How do I apply?
If you meet the basic requirements of the programme and would like to push through with the application, click the link below and fill out the online application form:
Deadline for submission of applications is on 16 September 2019.
For any further questions about the programme send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org