The United Nations Environment Programme in Pretoria, South Africa is inviting passionate and suitable individuals to submit their application for its Programme Management Internship 2023 intake. Go over the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and job description should you be interested in applying.
The UNEP is the foremost global authority that sets and coordinates the global agenda for the protection of the environment, advances the reasonable implementation of policies on the sustainable development of the environment, and acts as a leading advocate for environmental protectionism.
UNEP SA Programme Management Internship 2023
The successful candidate will be based at UNEP’s Pretoria office with the main responsibility of providing support for the coordination and execution of the Organization’s projects in the Southern Africa region.
The internship runs for a duration of six (6) months with the successful candidate rendering eight (8) hours of work, five (5) days a week. Keep in mind that this is an unpaid internship; all relevant expenses are to be shouldered by the intern or their sponsor institution.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Providing support to Project Management activities such as reinforcing execution of projects and monitoring
- Organizing meetings, workshops, high-level forums, webinars, etc
- Providing support in advocacy campaigns related to raising environmental
- Perform other additional tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Help out with creating short briefings and concept notes
- Providing support with the creation of communication materials e.g. social media posts, stories, and newsletters about UNEP SA’s works and results
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to satisfy at least of the following basic eligibility criteria to apply:
- Currently a graduate school student or its equivalent, or
- Currently pursuing the final academic year of undergraduate studies (at least Bachelor’s level or it’s equivalent)
- A recent Bachelor’s degree graduate (no more than one year)
- Must from the academic field of Environmental Management, Communications, International Relations, or any relevant discipline
- Familiar with basic software applications
- Keen interest in interacting with people from diverse cultural backgrounds. This includes being willing to appreciate and be tolerant of differing views and opinions
- Demonstrates eagerness in the mission of the UN and ideals of the Charter
- Experience is not a requirement
- Fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of any other official UN language is an advantage
- Able to work collaboratively with co-workers
What is the selection process?
Applicants will be evaluated based on their submitted application and in line with the internship’s evaluation criteria and internal UN policies.
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements and would like to push through with the application will need to register their names on the UNEP recruitment portal.:
The following documents must be submitted during the application process:
- A cover note that shows the degree that the applicant is currently pursuing, as well as:
- Date of graduation
- Skills in IT, including programmes or applications the applicant has some background with
- An explanation letter highlighting the reason/s that make you the best candidate for the internship. Also, include the reason for your keen interest in joining the United Nation’s cause
- Proof of university enrollment (for current students)
- A copy of qualification certificate (for graduates)
Applications will be accepted until 24 February 2023. Incomplete or late submissions are unacceptable.
For more details about this internship opportunity, click on the link to access the Contact Us form.
Click the link to view the UNEP SA Programme Management Internship 2023 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.