The University of Limpopo is calling on suitable candidates interested in joining its Internal Auditor Internship intake for 2022. This is a great opportunity for recently qualified or partly qualified Certified Internal Auditors, or CIA, to acquire practical experience. If you’re interested, be sure to go over the role’s minimum eligibility and skills/competency requirements before applying.
About The University of Limpopo
Established in January 2005 as the result of the merger between the University of the North and what was then known as the Medical University of South Africa, the University of Limpopo lies northwest of Pretoria covering a land area of 350 hectares. Adjacent to UL is the Ga-Rankuwa Township and both are readily accessible via roads and railways.
University of Limpopo Internal Auditor Internship 2022
The University of Limpopo is currently filling two (2) vacancies for its Internal Auditor role, and needs candidates who possess a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of various audit procedures such as risk-driven audit planning methods and techniques. Moreover, the Internal Auditor role will be performing the following duties and responsibilities on a regular basis for the duration of the internship:
- Plan and roll-out projects in compliance with IAA standards
- Log, asses, and test automated and manual systems and controls
- Organize working papers to be submitted to the Department’s Deputy Director
- Establish and discuss findings and form recommendations and schedules for implementing corrective action with appropriate operations officers
- Track progress of corrective actions taken
- Create audit results presentations
- Observe audit recommendations and assess the efficacy of follow-through action/s on audit results and recommendations
- Manage and keep audit programmes up to date
- Establish and nurture professional-client relations
- Perform other relevant tasks as determined by the Deputy Director or Chief Audit Executive
Who should apply?
Apply today if you meet the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and skills requirements listed below:
- Holds an Internal Auditor or equivalent Bachelor’s degree in Internal Audit
- Preferably with a BCom Honours degree in Accountancy, Forensic Audit, Information Technology, or Internal Audit
- Currently pursuing or have already completed CIA certification is an advantage
- Must possess a minimum of two years of work experience planning and conducting internal audits
What is the selection process?
As an equal opportunity employer, the University of Limpopo will select candidates in line its Employment Equity Policy. In addition, priority will be afforded to:
- Male Africans, Indians, and Coloureds
- Female Indians, Whites, and Coloureds
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to submit a comprehensive and detailed CV indicating the following:
- Applicant’s name
- Active email address
- Active contact numbers of three (3) referees
- Certified copies of Grade 12/matric certificate and academic records
- Copy of South African ID or passport
Submit your CV together with the support documents via email to the Chief Human Resource Officer at Recruitment4@ul.ac.za. Make sure your application is in MS Word format.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 3 June 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will receive feedback regarding their application. Applicants who do not receive feedback within 30 days after the deadline should consider their application as unsuccessful.
For enquiries about the conditions of service contact Mrs M.R Thoabala at (015) 268 2488.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the University of Limpopo Internal Auditor Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships that are open for application.