The University of Pretoria is calling on qualified junior veterinarians to apply for its Small Animal Clinic Internship Programme for 2023. If you’re interested, be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria of the role before applying.
About the University of Pretoria
Founded in 1908, the University of Pretoria is a public research university and one of the first few institutions still operating that is awarded university status. From 32 students when it first opened, UP had a student population of about 49,000 in 2015. The University sits on 1,120 hectares of land with seven suburban campuses.
University of Pretoria Small Animal Clinic Internship 2023
The successful candidate will be part of the Faculty of Veterinary Science and will have an opportunity to acquire advanced expertise in small animals for the duration of the 12-month, structured, non-degree internship programme. This is also a good place to work with the University’s specialists and highly talented teams at the forefront of veterinary medicine technology. In addition, this is a good opportunity to gain exposure to a specialist environment wherein the MMedVet certification may be acquired after successful completion of the programme.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct clinical service as well as relevant administrative tasks within specific areas of the OVAH
- Take part in after-hours duties (weekdays/weekends) and community clinical duties
- Join clinical training of undergraduate vets and veterinary nurses
- Take part in clinical rounds as well as other research initiatives
- Engage in an intern mentorship project
This internship starts on 1 January 2023 and ends on 31 December 2023.
Who should apply?
To qualify for the internship, you must meet the following minimum requisites:
- A graduate of BVSc or BVMCh studies, or any equivalent degree
- An SAVC-registered veterinarian
- Demonstrated clinical expertise
- Possesses key knowledge essential for the post
- High-level computer proficiency
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on UP’s online recruitment platform. Click the link below to get started:
Job ID: 24826
For step-by-step instructions on how to complete the online application form, click here.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 November 2022.
Kindly consider the application unsuccessful if no feedback is received by 28 February 2023.
For enquiries, send an email to:
Dr. Vanessa McClure
Ms Bernice Nyathela
Click here to view a PDF copy of the University of Pretoria Small Animal Clinic Internship 2023 advert page.