The University of Pretoria is calling on suitable individuals to apply for its Internal Auditor Trainee Programme intake for 2023. If you’re interested, be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role before applying.
About the University of Pretoria
Founded in 1908, the University of Pretoria is a public research university and one of the first few institutions still operating that is awarded university status. From 32 students when it first opened, UP had a student population of about 49,000 in 2015. The University sits on 1,120 hectares of land with seven suburban campuses.
University of Pretoria Internal Auditor Trainee Programme 2023
This trainee role is based at the University’s Department of Internal Audit and Compliance Services and will be responsible for performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct internal audits within the University with the Audit team and under the supervision and guidance of the relevant senior staff in compliance of the Organization’s Annual Internal Audit Plan
- Perform audits under the direct supervision of senior staff as directed by the Senior or executive management, and other departments as requested
- Carry out other relevant tasks and operational activities as required by the Department
Who should apply?
To qualify for the internship, you must meet the following minimum requisites:
- Completed or currently pursuing a BCom (Honours) in Internal Auditing and set to graduate at the latest by 31 December 2022
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Adept in working closely with different management levels and staff members
- Able to meet challenging objectives with tight deadlines
- Sound negotiation and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Possesses strong leadership skills
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on UP’s online recruitment platform. Click the link below to get started:
Job ID: 24818
For step-by-step instructions on how to complete the online application process, click here.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 21 November 2022.
Kindly consider the application as unsuccessful if no feedback is received by 31 January 2023.
For enquiries, send an email to:
Ms Karin Hartdegen (HR Dept.)
Tel: (012) 420 5955
Ms Nonhanhla Zulu
Click here to view a PDF copy of the University of Pretoria Internal Auditor Trainee Programme 2023 advert page.