The Upstream Training Trust, or UTT Bursary Programme is inviting students pursuing their degrees in the fields of Natural Science, Engineering and Technology to apply for bursary support.
The UTT aims to create more and better opportunities for training and development of young South Africans within the nation’s petroleum industry. This initiative is a joint effort between the South African Petroleum Agency and the major companies searching for on and off-shore oil and gas in South Africa.
The Upstream Training Trust’s focuses its activities on the following areas:
- Career Awareness
- Tertiary Education
- Project Funding
- Human Capital Development
- Student Bursaries
- Workplace Integration
Upstream Training Trust Bursary Programme
Currently, the bursary award amounts to a maximum of R 65,000 each year of study. The bursary amount may vary depending on the Trust’s financial status at any given point in time.
The UTT Bursary Programme covers full tuition fees. Depending on the availability of funds, the bursary coverage may include:
- Cost of prescribed textbooks
- Meal and transportation expenses
- Accommodation costs
- Approved school trips and excursions
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements listed below may apply for the UTT Bursary Programme:
- Must have acquired a conditional admission at an SA university or technical university
- A recent graduate
- Has excellent matric results in English, Math and Science
- Must have plans of pursuing a qualification in the following fields and in other relevant studies showing below:
- Natural Science (Geophysics, Geology, and Physics/Math
- Engineering (Mining, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical or Mechanical)
- Students already studying in a university or a technical university must be pursuing any of the prescribed courses
- University students must be in good academic standing
View the Upstream Training Trust Bursary Programme Rules and Regulation by clicking the link below:
How to Apply
Download the UTT Bursary Programme application form and send it via post to:
The Upstream Training Trust
PO Box 5111
Be sure to include the following supporting documents showing in the PDF form. Click the link to view:
Download a copy of the bursary application form by clicking below:
Applications with incomplete supporting documents will not be reviewed.
Opening and Closing Date
The UTT Bursary Programme is accepting applications all year round.
For further enquiries, please call the number below:
021 938 3500
Or send an email to: