The V&A Waterfront is calling on qualified individuals who are interested in joining its Culinary and Hospitality Internship intake for 2022. If you’re interested, see to it that you go over the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and skills/competency requirements before applying.
About the V&A Waterfront
Located in Cape Town, the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront is South Africa’s oldest functioning harbour. Measuring 123 hectares, or 300 acres, this mixed-use area offers both commercial and residential real estate. Currently, the V&A Waterfront has more than 450 retail outlets for homeware, fashion, jewelry, audio equipment, leather goods, and more. Fishing boats bring in fresh fish while larger fishing vessels are towed into the harbour by tugboats.
V&A Waterfront Culinary & Hospitality Internship 2022
The successful candidate will be part of Makers Landing, and will have an opportunity to acquire practical work experience, specifically in the food industry. The primary role of this intern is to provide support to the management and operations areas of Makers Landing, which include a fully-equipped and licensed commercial kitchen, eatery pods, demo kitchen, and restaurants, to name a few.
Duties and responsibilities
- Greet guests, provide venue, directions, events, and check-in information
- Provide assistance to the Floor Manager with various tasks e.g. customer service, overseeing cleanliness, etc.
- Attend to cooking and demo classes
- Take on various functions during events e.g. food preparation, planning, setup, menus, etc.
- Provide support with food incubators
- Ensure compliance with hygiene protocols of the kitchen
Who should apply?
Applicants need to meet these minimum eligibility criteria and skills requirements to qualify:
- Possesses general knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Must be an agile learner
- Knowledgeable with health and safety standards
- A South African citizen with a genuine passion and interest for food
- Requires workplace experience to complete their qualification
- Capable of effective time management
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Good disposition and professional demeanor
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 6 months of work experience in hospitality placement, e.g. hotel, restaurant, B&B, etc.
How do I apply?
Those who are eligible may apply completing an online application form on V&A’s job application page. Click the link to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, get in touch with V&A Waterfront directly at:
Tel.no: +27 21 408 7600
Click on the linik to view a PDF copy of the V&A Waterfront Culinary & Hospitality Internship 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. View our other graduate programmes and internships that are actively accepting applications.
Don’t miss out on the latest graduate programmes updates. Like us on Facebook and follow @GoCareersSA for more information OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.