Varsity College, a division of one of the country’s largest accredited and registered private higher education providers is calling on suitable candidates who are interested in joining the school’s IT Internship Programme scheduled to start on 1 March 2020 and concludes on 28 February 2021.
The Independent Institute of Education, or IIE, is among the largest private provider of higher education duly registered with and accredited by the South African government. It runs a number of schools all over the country, one of which is Varsity College. The IIE has more than 57 qualifications and are all recognized by South Africa’s Higher Education Quality Committee. It is also an affiliate of ADvTech, a publicly listed company on the JSE. The IIE’s accreditation includes that from The British Accreditation Council
Varsity College IT Internship Programme
As an IT intern for Varsity College, the duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate are as follows:
- Serve as first line of technical support in computer and lecture venues
- Make sure computer and lecture venues are operational and clean and tidy
- Perform routine checks on printers, projectors, motorized screens and copiers
- Make sure wireless infrastructure is always operational
- Provide assistance to users with issues related to laptop and desk computers
- Assist users with photocopiers and printers over the phone
- Install laptop, desktops and printer peripherals and other related hardware
- Set up projectors in classrooms
- Install software for users
- Keep programmes and software up to date
- Provide assistance to user queries related to software over the phone
- Software licensing management
- Provide users with instructions in using software and hardware
- Create mailbox and Active Directory account
- Diagnose and troubleshoot campus connectivity and HIPS issues
- Manage administration of the Telephone Management System including Broadsoft EWS
- Make sure all IT-related calls are logged accordingly with Service Desk
- Perform admin tasks as needed
- Make sure software and hardware asset register are up-to-date
- Organize and analyze telephone and photocopier reports
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the server room, ICT storeroom and ICT office
- Ensure accurate ICT sign in/sign out process
- Perform support tasks and administer IT related exams and test
- Manage student AD Exam account, Kix script and preloads
- Shadow senior and support ICT for further development
- Analyze and troubleshoot server issues
Who should apply?
Applicants need to satisfy these minimum requirements in order to become eligible for consideration into the internship:
- Holds Occupational/Higher Certificate (NQF) Level 5/A+/N
- Has quick problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of computer systems and various application
- Solid communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management
How do I apply?
Applicants who satisfy the initial eligibility requirements and would like to pursue this internship opportunity will need to register an applicant profile. Click here to access Varsity College’s online job portal and start the application process.
The deadline for submission of applications is set on 14 February 2020. Varsity College does not accept late or incomplete applications.
For any other enquiries, contact the Varsity College directly at 087 351 2263 or access their FAQ page.
View the Varsity College IT Internship Programme 2020 advert by clicking on the link.
- How long does it take to complete the internship?
This internship runs for a period of 12 months starting from March 2020 to February 2021.
- Where will the internship take place?
The successful intern will be serving the contract at Varsity College’s Sandton campus.