The Varsity College South Africa, Sandton Campus is offering its IT Internship Programme to interested and qualified parties. Varsity College is an affiliate of The Independent Institute of Education (IEE), which is a private higher education institution.
Founded in 1991, Varsity College is certified by the Department of Higher Education and Training to offer higher education qualification courses to South African students. These offered courses are duly accredited and recognized by the Council on Higher Education. The English language is the chosen medium of instruction.
Varsity College (Sandton) IT Internship Programme 2019
The Varsity College IT Internship Programme runs for a period of one year. The role and duties of the selected intern include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide first line of technical support for lecture and computer venues
- Make sure computer and lecture venues are always operational and ready for use
- Perform routine checks of printers, copiers, projectors and motorized screens
- Make sure wireless infrastructure is always operational
- Serve as IT helpdesk support for laptops and desktop computer, printer and photocopier users
- Set up projectors in classrooms
- Perform software installation, upgrades and software license administration
- Educate users in hardware and software use
- Answer questions about OS, hardware and software including MS Office applications
- Create Mailbox and Active Directory Accounts
- Diagnose issues in HIPS including campus connectivity
- Manage Telephone Management System (TMS) and EWS (Broadsoft)
- Provide assistance with admin tasks as needed
- Ensure general cleanliness of Server Room, ICT Storeroom and ICT Office
- Manage sign in/ sign out of ICT equipment
- Perform server analysis and troubleshooting
- Administer and support in Student AD Exam administration
- Shadow ICT support staff and Senior ICT
The selected intern will be offered a one year, fixed term internship contract. Permanent employment within Varsity College is not guaranteed after completion of the internship programme.
Requirements or Eligibility
- Must have at least Occupational Certificate Level/Higher Certificate Level 5 (Level 5 NQF) or A+or N+
- Must be good at problem solving
- Excellent computer and system application skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to register online to start the application process. Make sure to prepare your South African ID number before applying.
Click the link below to access the registration page:
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 19 April 2019.
Click on the advert link for more details about the Varsity College IT Internship Programme 2019.
For further assistance, click on the link at the bottom of the page: