Applications are now open for the Visa Business Development – Winter Internship 2024 intake in Johannesburg. Be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role if you’re interested in applying.
Visa Inc. or Visa, is a US-based, global financial services conglomerate with headquarters in California. The company makes it easier for users around the world to do electronic funds transfers through its credit cards, debit cards and gift cards with the Visa brand on it. It works with financial institutions by providing them with Visa payment products that these institutions use to extend credit, pre-paid, debit and other cash-access programmes to their customers.
Visa is present in all six continents, and according to a 2015 Nilson Report (a publication monitoring the credit card industry), the Visa global network (called VisaNet) processed about 100 billion transactions in 2014 amounting to US$6.8 trillion in total volume.
Visa Business Development – Winter Internship 2024
As part of the Visa Business Development – Winter Internship 2024 intake, the successful candidate is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide Operations and admin support to the local team
- Assist in the development, production, and rollout of initiatives as defined in Country plans
- Analyze and monitor competition
- Attend to queries and issues in support of the local team
- Provide assistance to BPO with weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Provide assistance to BDs with country plans and playbook updates
- Conduct ad hoc research, project, and presentation work and relevant initiatives as instructed by management
Who should apply?
Applicants must meet these minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the role:
- Currently pursuing a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree and set to graduate by summer of 2025 or 2026
- Able to commit to the winter internship that will start in June 2024
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and story-telling skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent financial analysis and collaboration skills
- Able to effectively express viewpoint to key stakeholders with the goal of getting buy-in and agreement
- Hands-on, self-confident, and able to perform within a constantly changing and fast-paced environment
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to complete an online application form on the company’s online recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this writing.
If you have questions about this internship, contact Visa South Africa at
Tel. no: 0800-900-475