Visa Inc., SA is inviting qualified students interested in joining the company’s Data Science Internship 2023 intake at its Johannesburg offices. Before applying, make sure to go over the basic eligibility requirements and job specifications of the role to see if this is a good match for you.
Visa Inc. or Visa, is a US-based, global financial services conglomerate with headquarters in California. The company makes it easier for users around the world to do electronic funds transfers through its credit cards, debit cards and gift cards with the Visa brand on it. It works with financial institutions by providing them with Visa payment products that these institutions use to extend credit, pre-paid, debit and other cash-access programmes to their customers.
Visa is present in all six continents, and according to a 2015 Nilson Report (a publication monitoring the credit card industry), the Visa global network (called VisaNet) processed about 100 billion transactions in 2014 amounting to US$6.8 trillion in total volume.
Visa SA Data Science Internship 2023
As part of the Global Data Science team, the successful candidate is expected to fulfill the role by carrying out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop innovative ways to utilize the company’s unique data to resolve business problems
- Capture and get a clear understanding of data to come up with insights on how to help clients and develop relevant ideas
- Collaborate with teams from different regions in CEMEA to establish scalable big data as well as machine learning solutions
- Execute data science techniques to create strong insights for clients as well as respond to real business challenges
- Build visualizations to perform diagnostics and connect concepts in sound insights for effective reporting
- Conduct data analysis on complex large dataset using tools e.g. SQL, Spark, Python to provide feasible recommendations
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, or Statistics and set for completion in the summer of 2024 or 2025
- Must be available to pursue the internship from June to August
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
Visa will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in line with its EEOC policies and relevant local laws.
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to fill out the application form on Visa’s online recruitment portal. Simply click on the link below to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this posting.
If you have questions about this internship, contact Visa South Africa at
Tel. no: 0800-900-475
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Visa SA Data Science Internship 2023 advert page.