Visa Inc., SA is looking for qualified students interested in joining the company’s Product Internship Programme 2022 intake. Make sure that you go over the basic eligibility requirements and job specifications of the role to see if this is a good match for you.
Visa Inc. or Visa, is a US-based, global financial services conglomerate with headquarters in California. The company makes its easier for users around the world to do electronic funds transfers through its credit cards, debit cards and gift cards with the Visa brand on it. It works with financial institutions by providing them with Visa payment products that these institutions use to extend credit, pre-paid, debit and other cash-access programmes to their customers.
Visa is present in all six continents, and according to a 2015 Nilson Report (a publication monitoring the credit card industry), the Visa global network (called VisaNet) processed about 100 billion transactions in 2014 amounting to US$6.8 trillion in total volume.
Visa South Africa Product Internship 2022
As part of the Product Team, the successful candidate is expected to fulfill the role by carrying out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct market research and intelligence, as well as competitor benchmarking
- Develop products strategy for digital solutions and core products
- Define product range including features, benefits, and pricing
- Develop new products and platforms
- Adapt products to local market demands including customization at issuer level
- Structure CVP through in-house development as well as partnerships
- Ensure delivery of products and marketing materials to clients
- Provide assistance with product brainstorming, concept testing, product material preparation, data analytics, and product sales to clients
Who should apply?
The programme requires candidates who meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree set for completion in the summer of 2023 or 2024 with at least a 3.0 GPA or its equivalent
- Must be available to pursue a 12-week summer internship (June to August
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
Visa will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in line with its EEOC policies and relevant local laws.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to fill out the application form on Visa’s online recruitment portal. Simply click on the link below to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this posting.
If you have questions about this internship, contact Visa South Africa at
Tel. no: 0800-900-475
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Visa South Africa Product Internship 2022 advert page.