Vodacom is calling on suitable individuals who are interested in qualifying for a spot in the company’s Early Careers Programmes for 2021. Be sure to review the details and requirements of this internship/graduate programme opportunity before applying.
Started in South Africa, the Vodacom Group is a major African communications company that delivers a broad range of communication services. These services include mobile voice, data, messaging, converged and financial services to its 61 million subscribers. The company has rapidly expanded its mobile network operations to Mozambique, the DRC, Tanzania, Kenya, and Lesotho serving about 200 million subscribers.
The Vodacom Group, through Vodacom Business Africa, also provides business managed services to corporate clients in 32 countries and is one of the world’s biggest communications company by annual revenue.
Vodacom SA Early Careers Programmes
Vodacom is actively searching for high caliber individuals who will lead the company into the future. Its Early Careers Programme provides highly qualified individuals with an opportunity to experience rotations in various areas of the organization, receiving a great amount of support and guidance on their way to developing skills essential to their chosen field. The programme is a great opportunity to gain a foothold into one of the largest mobile communications companies in the world.
The Early Careers Programmes is divided into two subprogrammes:
- Vodacom Internship Programme
- Vodacom Discover Graduate Programme
Vodacom’s internship programme runs for 12 months. It is a fixed-term contract where successful candidates will get an opportunity to acquire work experience, network with professionals and discover career paths and get paid in the process. Moreover, the internship serves as a pipeline for Vodacom’s Discover Graduate Programme where interns may be able to transition into after successful completion of the programme. This internship programme starts on 1 February and 1 March 2021.
The Vodacom Discovery Graduate Programme is a two-year, skills development programme designed specifically to train future leaders for the company. In addition to being a full-time employment opportunity, the graduate programme offers comprehensive exposure to Vodacom’s business operations. The programme also provides hands-on training, coaching and mentorship and full-time employee benefits. The programme starts on 1 February 2021.
Who should apply?
- Must possess no greater than two years working experience in post studies
- A South African citizen
- No more than 26 years of age
- Citizens from Lesotho, DRC, Tanzania and Mozambique are encouraged to apply
- Gained a minimum average of 65% for the most recent or completed academic results
- Acquired at least a B-degree (BSc & B-Tech, B-Com) qualification (NQF 7)
- For those who possess a 3-year National Diploma, the following areas of study are recognized:
- Electronic or Electrical Engineering
- Information Systems or Information Technology, and
- Computer Software Engineering
How do I apply?
Make sure you meet all the criteria listed above prior to starting the application process. When you’re all set, read on below for the application process listed step by step.
- Accomplish the questionnaire by selecting a category and answering all the questions accurately.
- Upon completion of the questionnaire, you will then be allowed to submit your identity documents and certified academic records
- Choose which programme to apply for
- Once done with the registration and application procedure, expect feedback at every point of the application process. Eligible candidates will receive an invitation for an online assessment
Click here to start the application process.
The deadline for submission of applications for the Vodacom Internship and Vodacom Discover Graduate Programme is on 31 August 2020.
Click here if you wish to know how it is to be part of and work in Vodacom South Africa.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Vodacom SA Early Careers Programme 2021 advert.