Volvo South Africa is calling on suitable and interested applicants to submit their application and possibly qualify for its upcoming Marketing Graduate Programme for the 2020 fiscal year.
The Volvo Group is considered as one of the leading global manufacturers of buses, trucks, industrial and marine engines and construction equipment under popular brands such as Volvo, Volvo Penta, Mack, Renault Trucks, UD Trucks, SDLG, Eicher, Terex Trucks, Nova Trucks, Prevost and more.
Volvo operates a global network staffed by over 1,300 professionals working in 50 different sites spread across 25 countries.
Volvo South Africa Marketing Graduate Programme 2020
The incumbent will have an opportunity to gain exposure to the many functions within Volvo SA’s Marketing Department in Bocksburg, Gauteng province. The internship allows the successful candidate to a real-world understanding of marketing, communication processes and events involved in the commercial vehicles industry.
As a Volvo SA Marketing Intern, the selected candidate will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Process purchase orders for the Marketing Department – starting with the quote stage up until the invoice handling
- Compile financial transactions after events to make sure these transactions accurately placed in the General Ledger accounts
- Update CRM database to ensure accuracy of customer records
- Provide assistance during events as needed
- Actively support brand activities including distribution of promotional materials to dealers
- Provide assistance with sourcing suppliers and promotional items as needed
- Manage truck branding and store room
- Provide support in times when members of the team are unavailable e.g. sending bulletins, uploading articles, answering phones and similar tasks
- Provide assistance with searching and booking venues for small events
Who should apply?
Ideal candidates must possess at least the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Completed Grade 12
- Holds a relevant Marketing, Communications or Event Management qualification
- Basic knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems a definite plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate – knows how to run MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint is an advantage
- Keen attention to details
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to deliver results even under pressure
How do I apply?
Applicants who are able to satisfy the minimum requirements and would wish to push through with the application process will need to register an account on the company’s recruitment portal. Click here to start the application process.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 03 December 2019.
Click on the link to view the Volvo South Africa Marketing Internship programme 2020 advert.
- Where is the internship taking place?
The programme will be held in Volvo SA’s Boksburg location in Gauteng Province.