The Weir Group, a Scottish-based international engineering company, is inviting suitable graduates to submit their applications and qualify for its Engineering Graduate programme intake for 2022 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Take a moment to review the minimum eligibility requirements and role description before applying.
About Weir Group
Founded by the Weir brothers George and James in 1871, the company came up with a number of innovative inventions in pumping equipment, mainly for the Clyde shipyards including steamships also built in the area. The Weir Group works in partnership with clients to resolve operational challenges in the infrastructure, mining, and oil and gas industries.
Weir Group Engineering Graduate 2022
In line with Wier Minerals’ (a division of Wier Group) objective of promoting skills development, the Company is offering new graduates the opportunity to acquire extensive work experience that will help kick start a career in the field of engineering.
During this two-year graduate training programme, the successful candidate will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Render accurate and detailed costing on rubber, hose, and spool products and organize the quotes and tenders to be sent to branches and customers
- Establish and manage cost models
- Conduct cost, quote, and site evaluations as needed
- Provide support with technical evaluations
- Provide accurate costing on rubber linings
- Develop and manage an accurate, current, and dependable costing database
- Submit Request for Quotations on time as needed, to at least three approved suppliers for every quote
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet these minimum eligibility requirements to apply:
- Holds a Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree
- Knowledgeable with computers, particularly with MS Office tools
- Effective written and verbal business and organizational communications at all levels
- Efficient in determining and resolving issues in the timeliest manner
- Highly capable of prioritizing and planning out work activities
- Exhibits thoroughness and accuracy when performing daily tasks
- Able to efficiently plan and prioritize tasks
- Possesses a sharp eye for even the smallest detail
*** RELATED GRADUATE JOB OPPORTUNITIES ***
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their name on the Company’s online recruitment page to apply. Simply click the link below to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this posting.
If you wish to get in touch with Weir South Africa, call +27 (0)86 521 1792.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Weir Group Engineering Graduate programme 2022 advert.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.