About the West Coast District Municipality
West Coast District Municipality is located in the Western Cape province of South Africa and there are five municipalities under the west coast district which include the Matzikama, the Cederberg, the Bergrivier, the Saldanha Bay and the Swartland. It is situated along the Atlantic coast and covers an area of 32,119 square kilometres along the coast.
West coast district municipality works to provide services to the underprivileged communities in terms of basic necessities like health, food and water. Their purpose is to bring development in all the local municipalities and through that in the district as a whole.
They ensure that the citizens of the district are provided with health services, fire safety, water and sewerage. They also invest in tourism marketing and development since it has played a great role in the economic growth of the area and creating job opportunities.
West Coast District Municipality Bursary 2022
For the year 2022, The West Coast District Municipality is awarding bursary funding as an opportunity for students who are residents of the west coast.
There are only three vacancies for the scholarship and it will provide funding for all 3 years of the degree courses if the candidates fulfil all the terms and conditions of the bursary contract. The coverage of the bursary is R 50,000 (without accommodation).
Who should apply?
Candidates must satisfy all the points mentioned below to get shortlisted for the West Coast District Municipality Bursary programme. If any of the below-mentioned requirements are not fulfilled, your application will be rejected.
- You must be recognized as a South African citizen at the time of application.
- You must be a resident of the west coast municipal area or your parents/guardian must be.
- Matriculation is mandatory.
- Registration at a recognized university or the University of Technology in South Africa is mandatory.
- A minimum score of 40% in mathematics or 50% in mathematical literacy in matric is mandatory.
- For the year 2022, you must be enrolled for a degree in any of the following subjects:
- Supply chain management
- Internal auditing
- Risk management
- Information Technology
- You must be entering the 1st year of the qualification at the time of application in the year 2022.
- You have an overall average score of 60% or 50% with at least 60% in mathematics.
- Candidates belonging to a disability or historically disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
How do I apply?
Once you have checked all the points mentioned in the eligibility criteria, you need to download the application form 2022
The form must be submitted either through the post or hand-delivered at the address mentioned later.
West Coast District Municipality
For hand delivery:
West Coast District Municipality
58 Lang Street
Applicants need to submit the following mandatory documents along with their application form to be considered for the West Coast District Municipality Bursary 2022. Your application may get disqualified if you miss submitting any of the documents.
- Certified copy of ID documents.
- Certified copy of your matriculation certificate.
- Residential address proof (permanent address).
- University registration proof (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Certified copy of ID documents of the parents or guardian.
- Income proof of the parents or guardian. (Payslips/bank statement/affidavit)
- Guardianship affidavit in case you are not living with your parents.
- Certified copy of ID proofs of the dependent family members.
- A handwritten motivational letter describing your motivation towards the respective field and why are you best suited for the bursary. (Maximum 1000 words).
Note: The bursary can be terminated if the council is dissatisfied with the candidate’s performance during the degree. Progress reports are to be submitted twice a year.
The candidate must apply along with the necessary documents by 4 March 2022 (by 12 noon). Any application lacking in terms of documents and submitted late will not be considered for the bursary programme.
If you have any doubts or questions regarding the bursary, you can get in touch with West Coast District Municipality directly through the telephone number given below:
Training and development section
Name of the contact person: Mrs Thelma Steilmann/ Ms Charney Erasmus
If this bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other open bursaries for application.