The Würth Group is calling on bright and hardworking South African graduates to submit an application and qualify for its Public Relations Internship Programme. Be sure to read the minimum requirements below before applying.
The company was founded in 1945 by Adolf Würth in Künzelsau, Germany to primarily sell screws. By 1954, Reihold Würth, together with his mother, took over the reins of the company upon his father Adolf’s passing. Since then, Würth has expanded aggressively to become one of the most prolific retail groups in the world.
The Würth Group offers a product line counting to close 120,000 items which include its main business – fasteners and tools. Currently, the retail giant serves over 3 million customers worldwide with a workforce numbering to more than 71,000 which makes it one of Germany’s largest non-listed companies.
The Würth Group currently serves over 3 million customers all coming from the automotive, construction, wood and metal craft industries, not to mention companies involved in the industrial sector.
Würth Group SA Public Relations Internship Programme
The successful candidate will be primarily involved with the company’s public relations, media, marketing and communication functions. In line with this, the Public Relations Intern will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance with the development of marketing communication plans including goals, budget, strategy and tactics
- Participate in the creation of media relations strategies and identifying high-level placements in broadcast, print and online media
- Manage social media team engagement with audiences across new and traditional media
- Take part in coordinating public relation activities
- Maximize current media relationships and grow new contracts within industry and business media
- Develop content for press releases, keynote presentations and byline articles
- Monitor, study and present quarterly media PR results
- Assess opportunities for sponsorships, advertising and partnerships on a regular basis
- Grow industry awareness by developing relations with thought leaders
- Keep up to date with industry trends that affects clients develop suitable recommendations
Who should apply?
- Holds a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or any related field of study
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Knowledgeable in social media platforms e.g. Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Experience in event planning
- Clean credit and criminal record
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their profile on the company’s online recruitment platform to apply. Click here to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 October 2020.
For enquiries, get in touch directly with Würth SA at
Tel: +27 11 281 1000
Click the link to view a PDF file of the Würth Group SA Public Relations Internship 2021advert.